Michelle’s ski trip marks 16 Obama vacations
First lady Michelle Obama’s weekend jaunt to Aspen, Colorado for a President’s Day ski holiday with her daughters Sasha and Malia makes the 16th time members of the first family have gone on extended vacations during their three years in office.
Their stay at the home of a major Chicago fundraiser for President Obama makes the fifth time the first lady and her daughters have taken a break from Washington on their own. Only once has Obama had a long weekend out of town and alone, celebrating his 49th birthday in Chicago in August 2010.
Accounting for trips out of Washington for several days, the total number of vacations Washington Secrets tabulated is 16, 10 where the family was together, such as for Christmas and summer vacations, one by the president and five by the first lady. Not included were Camp David visits or trips like the first family’s New York City date night in May, 2009.
The Obama Vacation List
– President’s Day 2012, Michelle and the first daughters in Aspen, Colorado to ski.
– Christmas 2011, the first family in Hawaii for an extended vacation.
– Summer 2011, in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., for the annual beach break.
– June 2011, the first lady, her mother and daughters traveled to South Africa and Botswana.
– President’s Day 2011, the first lady and first daughters travel to Vail to ski.
– Christmas 2010, in Hawaii.
Read more at the Washington Examiner.
- From $4 Mil Hawaiian Vacation, Mrs. Obama Asks You For $3.00 (wisupnorth.com)
- Video: Michelle’s Aspen Vacation – Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Michelle Obama Decides to Ski Aspen (whitehousedossier.com)
- Just weeks after 17-day Hawaii vacation (maddmedic.wordpress.com)